Software for fast, simple instant messaging with device syncing
- Category Messaging
- Program license Free
- Version 3.16.0
- Size 12 MB
- Works under: Android
- Also available for Windows
- Program available in English
- Content rating Mature 17+
- Package name org.telegram.messenger
Business Central Towers, Tower A, Office 1003/1004, P.O. Box 501919, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telegram offers fast, easy, and secure instant messaging with over 100 million users worldwide on all of your devices.
Telegram is powered by the cloud, and every conversation is stored remotely on encrypted distributed secure servers across the world. Built with security in mind, every one-on-one chat, group conversation, and file shared on the service is protected with a mix of AES, RSA and Diffie-Hellman encryption to protect your privacy.
Telegram offers group chats with up to 5,000 users at the same time, fun and intuitive editing tools for both video and photos, all for free with no ads.
While the app offers a full suite of practical and security features, there are some issues you should be aware of prior to installing. Some users have complained of random freezing and crashes on certain Android devices (mostly Samsung models); it’s also lacking advanced options like video calling and custom chat backgrounds.
All in all, Telegram offers a stunning array of features that make it a favorite for both casual and power users searching for a reliable, fun, and simple way to keep in contact.
- Enhanced Security Built with a mix of 2048-bit RSA and 256-bit AES encryption, this is the most secure free chat platform on the market today.
- Unlimited Chats, Storage, and More Host chats with up to 5,000 users, run task bots, and share large files of any kind with your contacts – all without taking up space on your device.
- Fun and Simple to Use Includes intuitive built-in video and photo editing tools, animated GIF support and stickers, too!
- No Video Calling While it is one of the fastest and safest messengers on the market, Telegram doesn’t offer video calling.
- Known crash issues on Samsung Devices Many users have reported issues with the app freezing and crashing on Samsung devices
Polls 2.0: Visible Votes, Multiple Answers, and Quiz Mode
• Create three new kinds of polls.
• See who voted for what in polls with visible votes.
• Vote for several options in polls that allow multiple answers.
• Try to guess the correct answer in quiz-style polls.
• Use bots like @QuizBot to create quizzes with multiple questions.
• See exact progress counters for files as they upload or download.
• Change the appearance of message bubbles.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access approximate location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION.
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: Allows an app to access precise location. Alternatively, you might want ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION.
- CALL_PHONE: Allows an application to initiate a phone call without going through the Dialer user interface for the user to confirm the call.
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CALL_LOG: Allows an application to read the user's call log.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_CONTACTS: Allows an application to write the user's contacts data.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- BLUETOOTH: Allows applications to connect to paired bluetooth devices.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Allows an application to modify global audio settings.
- READ_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to read the sync settings.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- REQUEST_INSTALL_PACKAGES: Allows an application to request installing packages. Apps targeting APIs greater than 22 must hold this permission in order to use ACTION_INSTALL_PACKAGE.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- UNINSTALL_SHORTCUT: This permission is no longer supported.
- USE_FINGERPRINT: Allows an app to use fingerprint hardware.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SYNC_SETTINGS: Allows applications to write the sync settings.